Cooperation project between IGV GmbH, Früchteverarbeitung Sohra GmbH, ILU e.V.
New processes for the production of novel soft drinks as well as a vodka-like spirit based on starch-containing by-products of the extraction of field bean protein isolates or concentrates are to be developed.
ILU e.V. sub-project
Development of a process for the extraction of enzymes from field beans pre-treated in the malting process and development of spirits on the basis of a starch-containing substrate from the processing of FAVA beans.
Specific tasks of the ILU in this cooperation project are:
– Development of a process for the extraction of substrateigenic enzymes and enzyme complexes from field beans that have been pre-treated in the malting process.
– Process development for enzymatic saccharification (starch hydrolysis) for the production of spirits and fermented beverages based on field bean.
– Development of a mashing technology.
– Development of a technology for the production of extract-free and low-extract distillates with definition of quality criteria. Experiments in the laboratory and production-related pilot plant scale.
– Transfer of the technological data to the project partners IGV and Sohra for subsequent use (installation of own production conditions or organisation of contract manufacturing and own distribution).